URINARY INCONTINENCE : (LEAKAGE OF URINE)
This affects millions of women in our country, BUT ONLY FEW OF THEM CONSULT A DOCTOR BECAUSE OF THE EMBARASSMENT OF BEING EXAMINED BY A MALE UROLOGIST.
Incontinence can seriously impair the quality of life of these women as they can leak urine while coughing, sneezing, sometimes on the way to the toilet before they could reach it.We do complete evaluation of these women by clinical and urodynamic investigations and offer a wide range of treatment options like medical or surgical based on the individual needs.
Dr.Lalitha is one of the first few urogynecologists in India to perform minimally invasive surgery for Stress Urinary Incontinence called TVT AND TVT-O.
- Infections are common in women of all ages starting from young girls to newly married [HONEYMOON CYSTITIS] to elderly postmenopausal women.
- In each group the cause may be different and requires thorough examination.
- Some women also suffer from TUBERCULOSIS of urinary tract.
UROLOGICAL PROBLEMS IN PREGNANCY:
- Urinary infections during pregnancy may lead to abortions and preterm labour if not promptly treated.
- Sometimes during pregnancy,there may be swelling of the kidneys called HYDRONEPHROSIS.
- This could be because of stones or compression of ureter by enlarging uterus. In majority of patients this is managed conservatively but sometimes these women may require ENDOSCOPIC STENTING.
- Dr. LALITHA BEING A GYNECOLOGIST AND UROLOGIST ,she would work in the best interest of a pregnant woman suffering from any urological problem.
- Women may suffer from stones in kidney, ureter or bladder.
- Dr.LALITHA is well versed with all ENDO-UROLOGICAL AND MINIMALLY INVASIVE procedures for stone removal including LITHOTRIPSY.
TUMORS IN KIDNEY AND BLADDER:
- Some of these women present with passage of blood in urine.
- Bladder tumors can be removed by endoscopic method.
INTERSTITIAL CYSTITIS : (PAINFUL BLADDER):
- This can severely impair a woman's quality of life.
- This condition requires a thorough evaluation to rule out all other gynecological and urological causes and may require a cystoscopy [endoscopy for bladder]and biopsy.
- Women with this problem will have increased frequency of urination and urgency and sometimes leak urine on the way to the toilet.
- Many of these women respond to drugs.
PROLAPSE OF PELVIC ORGANS-CYSTOCELE-VAULT PROLAPSE:
- Some of these women require a combined approach by a gynecologist and urologist and Dr. Lalitha being a UROGYNECOLOGIST IS BETTER EQUIPPED TO DEAL WITH SUCH CASES.
VESICO-VAGINAL AND URETERO-VAGINAL FISTULA:
- Sometimes after difficult gynecological surgery there can be injury to bladder and ureter.
- These women will have continuous leakage of urine.
- These women need reconstructive surgey by a urologist.
FEMALE SEXUAL DYSFUNCTION:
- Women with sexual problems would definitely feel more comfortable discussing their problem with A LADY UROLOGIST AND UROGYNECOLOGIST.